Westminster Homecare is working as normal and our branches are open whilst we continue to provide social care services to our local communities. Throughout this pandemic we have continued to review the constantly changing practices, keeping up to date with information from the Government, Public Health England, our local Councils, NHS Trusts and CQC
In order to ensure we continue to provide a safe service we have the following measure in place:
- All our branches have been assessed for potential risk and all staff are adhering to new ways of working to ensure we observe social distancing. Individual risk assessments are held in the branch
- All staff, where necessary have been provided with the correct PPE and we have ensured we have a constant stock.
- We have communicated regularly with our service users and our care staff ensuring they are kept up to date with the changes in PPE and other regulations and requirements
- We have provided documentation in many formats to provide additional support and guidance to everyone
- We have set up a dedicated CoronaVirus support line and email for anyone that uses our services
- We have ensured that staff that were / are symptomtic and / or self isolating have accessed tests and supported those who were negative to return to work. We continue to monitor staff to ensure their health and safety and support everyone as appropriate
- We are keeping up to date with the plans for further testing including the anti-body test to ensure that staff have access as and when it’s made available.
Further information about the tests can be found below:
- A viral test tells you if you have a current infection.
- An antibody test tells you if you had a previous infection.
An antibody test may not be able to show if you have a current infection, because it can take 1-3 weeks after infection to make antibodies. We do not know yet if having antibodies to the virus can protect someone from getting infected with the virus again, or how long that protection might last.
We acknowledge that it is a time of uncertainly and since the beginning of this pandemic we have created additional support by way of a dedicated phone line and email address so that you can contact us should you have any queries in regards to the Coronavirus. These details can be found below. If you need to leave us a message or send us an email, please note, that we will respond within 24 hours or the next working day;
- 0800 1700249
Westminster Homecare has published the following information on Covid-19 for both Service Users and Staff:
- Bulletin 04.06.2020
- Covid-19 – Guidance for Management of Staff and Service Users 04.06.2020
- Letter to Service Users 15 05 2020Flowchart_for_return_to_work_asymptomatic 04.06.2020
- Covid-19 Office Risk Assessment Accommodating Social Distancing 13.05.2020
- staying-covid-19-secure 13.05.2020
- Dedicated APP for Staff 07.05.2020
- Updated P.P.E. Guidance and Information 28.04.2020
- Update Letter to Care Staff 24.04.2020
- Positively Tested, Self Isolating; when can I return to work 23.04.2020
- Letter to Service Users 07.04.2020
- Letter to Service Users 12.03.2020
You can also access information on coronavirus in various languages using the following links: