Extra Care Housing
Westminster Homecare are the nominated onsite care provider in the following Extra Care Schemes:
- Priory View, Dunstable – owned and managed by Central Bedfordshire Council and opened in April 2016
- Greenfields, Leighton Buzzard – owned and managed by Aldwyck Housing Group and opened in July 2016
- Betty Dodd Court, Luton – owned and managed by Bedfordshire Pilgrims Housing Association opened in 2009
- Jill Jenkins, Luton- owned and managed by Bedfordshire Pilgrims Housing Association
- Emily Court, Wilmington – owned by Kent County Council and managed by housing & care 21 opened in 2009
On 3rd of September 2018 we will commence care provision in three Extra Care schemes for the London Borough of Brent. The sites are:
What is Extracare Housing
Extra Care Housing is housing designed for people 55+ and over, some of whom will have varying levels of care and support needs, there is 24 hour on site support in an emergency. People who live in Extra Care Housing have their own self contained homes, their own front doors, they may be owners, part owners or tenants and all have legal right to occupy that is underpinned by housing law (in contrast to residents in a care home) .
What we provide
We work in partnership with the housing provider and have a 24 hour onsite presence and response service, as well as delivering domiciliary care services to residents in their own homes to support them to live independently.
- Personal Care (Bathing, moving, dressing, feeding, medication management, incontinence management)
- Social Support (shopping, cooking, light domestic, companionship)
- Dementia Care
- Home from Hospital / Reablement
- ‘Live-In’ care and support
- Waking / Sleeping Night services
- End of Life Care
Those residents who have a package of care will have these commissioned by the Local Authority or they are Privately funded by themselves and have a contract with us.
Below are a few pictures taken during the Queen’s visit to Priory View.
The Queen with Mr George Baker, service user from Priory View
The Queen with Mrs. Audrey Cross, service user from Priory View, in the background Mr. Tyson Martin (blue shirt/grey jacket) Registered Manager for both Priory View and Greenfields
The Queen with Mr. Ian Brown, service user Priory View with Westminster Homecare Senior Carers Wendy Turner and Patsy Lord
The Queen with Mr. Ian Brown and Anne Thierens (sadly now passed away), service users Priory View with Westminster Homecare Carer Nicola Lightowler