Care / Domiciliary Assistant & Carers
No experience required, just a passion to care
Good benefits package and great job satisfaction
- Evenings & Weekends Only
Here at Westminster Homecare we boast a team of excellent care assistants who give quality care, support and assistance to predominantly older people who want to live in their own homes and maintain their independence for longer. If you’re a kind, caring person who would enjoy the rewarding work we do, we would like to hear from you.
The demand for our home care services across the area is increasing and as such we need new and experienced care assistants to join us so we can continue to deliver high quality personal care through our local, well supported care worker teams. Your duties may range from light domestic tasks to full personal care. By helping our customers to carry out everyday tasks you make a big difference to their lives.
Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so we offer genuine flexible hours; although the majority of our carers work mornings and/or evenings, share weekend cover and enjoy a guaranteed number of hours. We work hard to ensure that you see the same customers regularly, providing continuity and allowing you to build up a good working relationship. We also try to match like minded care assistants and customers so that your job becomes as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
As part of Westminster Homecare you can expect the culture and personal touch that small, local home care agencies provide with the reassurance that being part of a bigger organisation can offer.
At Westminster Homecare our care assistants enjoy:
- Good rates of pay – earn enhanced hourly rates for weekend or evening work and upon receiving qualifications. £9.70 Weekdays, £10.00 Weekends.
- Overtime available
- Bicycle & moped loan scheme – subject to conditions
- Appropriate training – in addition to in-house recruitment and induction training, we also hold regular courses on specialist subjects
- Training pay – we will pay for attending mandatory training sessions
- Bank holiday pay – receive enhanced pay rates for working statutory bank holidays
- Holiday pay – annual holiday allowance of 5.6 weeks, carry over 5 days of unclaimed holiday per year and the ability to check online the accrued amount
- Sick pay, maternity and paternity pay – we pay statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity pay in accordance with current regulation
- 4 weekly pay – your pay is paid promptly by BACS every 4 weeks directly to your bank account
- Career development – continuous development and progression opportunities available
- Rewards for learning – you will receive a higher basic rate when you pass NVQ/QCF qualifications which we will help you with
- Carer of the month prize – One exceptional individual from each branch is rewarded with £20 of gift vouchers each month
- Refer a Friend Scheme – if you refer someone you know to work for Westminster Homecare you will receive a £100 reward
- Pension – all our employees are invited to join our stakeholder pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers – those that have or care for children are invited to join the childcare voucher scheme (subject to conditions)
- Working in a friendly, supportive team – that is passionate about delivering outstanding service
To find out what a day in the life as one of our care workers looks like visit here
For a full Job Description and more details please call David Sillah on 0203 968 9133 and 0747 1 356 004
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to David.Sillah@whc.uk.com