Website Westminster Homecare
Westminster Homecare are currently recruiting for experienced and non-experienced carer’s to join our fantastic branch covering Bush Hill Park
Purpose of the Position
To meet the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
Care provided by care practitioners is expected to include care that would be
reasonably given by the members of the service users’ own family and is not expected to include tasksthat would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse.
Person Specification – Essential Criteria
· Self motivated
· Good organisational skills
· Flexible within a working environment
· Caring and sensitive to needs of others
· Empathetic towards others
· An active team player
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Good communication skills; written and verbal
· Ability to display professional integrity
· Ability to work in accordance with company policies and procedures and governing legislation
· To follow the directions of the Branch Manager and/or co-ordinator in the care to be provided to each individual service user
- To assist service users, who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing
washing, bathing and toileting
- To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use of aids and personal equipment
- To help care for service users who are dying
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations as indicated on the care plan
- To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
- To launder service user’s clothing
- To set tables and trays; serve meals; feed service users who need help; prepare light meals and wash up
- To read and write reports; take part in staff and service users’ meetings and in training activities as directed
- To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- To report to the Co-ordinator and/or Branch Manager any significant changes in the health or
circumstances of a service user
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible
- To attend regular one-one supervision meetings and development sessions
- To be observed through ongoing spot checks and direct observations conducted within your
working environment, attending further training and support sessions where specified
- To attend quarterly care practitioner team meetings
For a full Job Description and more details please give us a call on 0208 200 2038 or 07717 860 178
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org