How to avoid catching and spreading germs
There are things you can do to help stop germs like coronavirus spreading:
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Always wear P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment) when providing personal care.
- If you have arrived back from China or specified areas in the last 14 days, follow the advice for returning travellers.